Joint pain is one health problem that almost everyone has to deal with at some point in their life. And as far as people over the age of 65 are concerned, more than half of them suffer from arthritis. While no one looks forward to joint pain, there are a few things you can do to help reduce its effects on your body. In this article, I am going to give you some of these tips:-
1. Having sufficient levels of vitamin D in your body is essential if you want to protect your bones from deterioration. At the end of the day, it is basically a lack of calcium that causes this problem isn't it? Vitamin D can be obtained from the rays of the sun or it can be consumed as a tablet. It has been noted that people with sufficient vitamin D in their bodies suffer less from joint pain.
2. Glucosamine and Chondroitin- Glucosamine is quite effective when it comes to treating joint pain as well as inflammation. The main reason for this is because it can efficiently regulate the metabolic process in your cartilage which helps to prevent it from degenerating too quickly. Glucosamine also encourages your body's system to start restoring the damaged cartilage. Chondroitin works best when consumed along with Glucosamine and has an excellent lubricating effect on your joints.
3. Fish oils- These are quite popular as a joint supplements and also in the fight against joint pain. The main reason for this is because it is a natural anti-inflammatory agent. Fish oil also has multiple benefits for your heart.
4. Mussel extracts- This is quickly becoming a preferred substitute to glucosamine. The main reason for this is because it is full of omega-3 fatty acids and can help in the treatment of not only joint pain but crohns disorder, asthma, etc. as well. And since it is natural, there are no side effects. The only problem is that it is found in the seas around New Zealand which means it isn't widely available around the world.
Effective Supplements for Joint Pain
AVAIL IN THE MARKET
VIDEO OF THE MONTH
5. Gin-soaked raisins- There are a lot of people who have started recommending raisins to help with joint pain and arthritis. This is apparently an old remedy for joint pain and has just started gaining popularity around the world. You're supposed to soak raisins in gin for around a week or so and then consume around nine raisins daily for optimum results.
6. Cherry juice- Cherries contain effective anti-oxidants called anthocyanins which help in minimizing and removing free radicals in the body. Therefore, you can say that it will also be effective in treating arthritis. It is also known to be helpful in the treatment of gout since it helps reduce the level of uric acid found in the blood.